THE WILD WILD WEST RECIPIE
Grilled bacon in Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey Whiskey, lemons, maple syrup BBQ beans and corn made in a Dutch ovensee our other blogs
- 2 – whole corn cobs
- 400 g – red beans (kidney)
- 1 kg – tomatoes (tin)
- 4 – large garlic cloves
- 200 g – brown onions
FOR THE BACON
- 500 g – bacon from the butcher, min. 0.5 cm thick slices
- 80 ml – maple syrup
- 80 ml – Jack Daniel’s Honey
- 1 – lemon
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Rub the whole corn cob with a little oil (e.g. sunflower or canola oil) and grill until cooked. Shut the lid if necessary.
- Brown the garlic together with the chopped onions on the side burner. Add the tin of tomatoes and flavour the whole dish with a strong base seasoning of honey, salt and black pepper. Simmer on a low heat for around 45 minutes.
- The corn should be cooked after approx. 30 minutes. Scrape the corn directly into the simmering pan of tomatoes, add the beans and cook together for the last 15 minutes. (The dish will become more and more delicious every minute.)
- Make a marinade for the bacon from the maple syrup, the whiskey and a little salt. Brush the bacon with it and allow the marinade to absorb for around 15 minutes.
- Afterwards, caramelise the bacon in its marinade on a grill tray at a medium heat and then add directly into the Dutch oven.
- Place the Dutch oven straight on the table, serve with the cut lemons – enjoy!