The Philly Cheesesteak Recipe
Rump steak with provolone, fried onions and jalapenos in a soft bunsee our other blogs
- 800 g – Prime cut of rump steak
- 4 – Buns
- 250 g – Provolone
- 4 – Large red onions
- Pickled jalapeno peppers
- Sea salt
- Black pepper from a mill
- Pork lard for grilling the bread
- Divide the rump steak into two steaks and grill until medium rare. Afterwards, allow the meat to rest.
- Cut the onions into rings or wedges and fry in a cast iron grill pan on the grate or the side burner with a little pork lard; season with salt. When done, take the onions out of the cast iron grill pan and set aside.
- Now slice the steaks thinly and put into the hot pan together with the provolone, which has been thickly grated or cut into small pieces, until the cheese has melted.
- Cut the buns in half and grill, cut side down, in a little pork lard until crisp. Now assemble the meat and cheese with the roast onions and a good serve of jalapenos in the bun and add BBQ sauce.