THE MIGHTY DUCKBREAST RECIPE
With maple syrup, coriander and Tabasco Habanero with Jack Daniel’s Honey plumssee our other blogs
- 2 – drake breasts, total weight approx. 1.6 kg
for the glaze
- 2 – whole corn cobs
- 400 g – red beans (kidney)
- 1 kg – tomatoes (tin)
- 4 – large garlic cloves
- 200 g – brown onions
FOR THE HONEY PLUMS
- 150 g – prunes
- 20 g – light muscovado sugar
- 6 cl – gluten-free soya sauce
- 4 cl – Jack Daniel‘s Honey
- Trim the sinews and silver skin from the drake breasts and finely slice the fat in a criss-cross pattern.
- Mix together all the ingredients for the glaze and warm the maple syrup on the side burner for a short time if necessary.
- To create a nice crust on the drake breasts, grill the meat side first and then grill the side with the skin for a little longer to render the fat.
- Afterwards, brush on the glaze and continue to cook indirectly at around 130 degrees for approx. 25 minutes. Brush the drake breasts with glaze every 5 minutes. As soon as the core temperature has reached 58-60 degrees, take the drake breasts off the heat, cover and leave to rest for 10 minutes.
- At the same time, heat the sugar, soya sauce and whisky on the side burner, add a little water or apple juice if necessary, and then add the prunes to the hot mixture and leave to seep.
(To create a nice crust on the drake breasts, grill the meat side first and then grill the side with the skin for a little longer to render the fat.)