brie & bacon burger bbq recipe
We’ve teamed with our friends at Weber to create a delicious recipe for you to treat your family to this summer!
- 2 onions
- 1 tablespoons of olive oil
- 500g ground beef
- 4 slices of bacon
- 40g of butter (unsalted)
- 4 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 4 slices of brie
- 4 brioche buns
- 4 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons of BBQ sauce
At the BBQ
|COOKING METHOD|| Direct
|BBQ TEMPERATURE||220 °C|
|PREPARATION TIME||15 minutes|
|COOKING TIME||30 minutes|
|TOTAL TIME||45 minutes|
1. Peel and slice the onions and combine with olive oil in a small mixing bowl.
2. Season the ground beef with salt and pepper and knead the seasoning into the meat.
3. Shape the meat into 4 equal balls and form the patties using the burger press.
4. Slice the buns open so that there is an equal top and bottom and set aside.
1. Prepare the barbecue for direct heat, to approximately 220 °C.
2. Place the griddle on the cooking grate and preheat.
3. Cook the bacon on the griddle until crispy, and then keep warm.
4. Add the butter and sliced onions to the griddle and cook for a few minutes until they start to caramelize, stirring occasionally.
5. Add the vinegar to the griddle and cook for about 5-10 minutes or until the onions are soft.
6. While the onions are cooking, place the burger patties over direct heat and cook for about 3 minutes per side, flipping once.
7. In the last minute add the brie to the top of the patty and let it melt.
8. Quickly toast the buns on direct heat, then add the mustard to the bottom bun and the BBQ sauce to the top bun and assemble the burger.