Face coverings must be worn in store at all times, unless you are exempt. A visor will be accepted as a face covering. For Government guidance regarding face coverings, please click here: Find out more >
Shop safely with us
Tong Garden Centre and Hearty’s Food Hall, situated within the garden centre, are open daily.
The Restaurant Courtyard is open daily, serving a limited menu of baked potatoes, homemade soup and sandwiches as well as cakes and traybakes. In poor weather and heavy rain, we will close the courtyard.
Grass Hoppers outdoor play area is now open – however, the indoor play area must remain closed until further notice.
The Mezzanine and the indoor area at the Restaurant remain closed until further notice.
Our friends at Pavers, Bonmarché and Maidenhead Aquatics are now open daily.
We will continue to prioritise the safety of all our customers and of course our team. We know you will have a few questions so we thought it would be helpful to explain what expect when you visit us.
Garden Centre OPENING TIMES
Monday – Saturday
9.00am – 5.30pm
9.30am – 4pm
*Garden centre open from 9.30am to browse. Tills open at 10am.
Restaurant Courtyard OPENING TIMES
Monday – Saturday
9.00am – 5.00p,
All food served until 4pm
9.30am – 3.30pm
All food served until 3pm
Customers must wear a face covering whilst in store, unless you are exempt.
Customers can enter the store without a face covering if they have a medical condition or invisible disability that prevents them from wearing a covering. We ask that you respect this legal requirement whilst shopping with us to help protect you, your fellow shoppers and our team.
For more information please see here
WORKING SAFER TOGETHER
We confirm we have complied with the government’s guidance from the Health & Safety Executive on managing the risk of COVID-19 and been approved by the EP Risk Consultancy:
- We have carried out a COVID-19 risk assessment and shared the results with the people who work here.
- We have cleaning, handwashing and hygiene procedures in line with guidance.
- We have taken all reasonable steps to help people work safely from a COVID-19 Secure workplace or work from home.
- We have taken all reasonable steps to maintain a 2m distance in the workplace
- Where people cannot keep 2m apart we have ensured at least a 1m distance and taken all the mitigating actions possible to manage transmission risk.
WHAT CHANGES WE’ve MADE
- We will limit the number of people in store at any one time.
- At times, a queue system may be in operation at the entrance to manage numbers coming into the centre.
- Face coverings must be worn in store at all times, unless you are exempt. A visor will be accepted as a face covering. For Government guidance regarding face coverings, please visit https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own
- On entry to the centre, please sanitise your hands at the sanitising station
- During your visit, our team will be happy to help but please ensure you socially distance, remaining at least 2m apart and wearing a face covering, unless exempt.
- At the tills, our queuing system remains in operation with marked points to keep everyone 2m apart.
- When making payment, please use contactless whenever possible. If you are with another member of your household, please advise them to stand well behind the tills.
- As you exit the store, there is a clear route and that must be followed. This ensures we have no crossover with those entering the store
- Our main toilets, located by the Restaurant, will remain open and will be cleaned at frequent intervals.
You will understand that these rules are non-negotiable. We must follow them for everyone’s safety. What we can assure you is that, alongside these measures, you will find our friendly team ready to help, as they always do.
Face coverings must be worn in store unless exempt
Hand sanitising stations provided in store
Please pay by contactless if possible
Please keep a safe distance at all times
Do I need to wear a face covering?
Is parking available?
Free onsite parking is available.
Will I have to queue to enter the store?
If we have reached capacity instore, you will be asked to queue in our designated uncovered outside queue area. On entry, please take a trolley or basket; sanitiser and cleaning materials will be provided for you to clean your trolley or basket so that you can be confident it has been cleaned to an acceptable standard. We will also provide hand sanitiser.
What payment methods do you have available?
We are encouraging contactless payment where possible. We have raised the maximum spend to £45 for contactless spend and also have Apple pay available
How long can I stay instore?
We are not setting a limit for the length of time instore however we ask that you please use common sense and think of others as they will not be able to enter the store until you leave.
Are toilet and disabled facilities available?
Our main customer toilets, located next to The Restaurant, will be open for public use and will be cleaned at frequent intervals. This includes the disabled toilet/baby change.
If I have a disability, will I have to queue?
As winter approaches, we appreciate that queuing may be harder for some customers. For this reason, we have introduced priority access every Monday to Friday before 10am for any blue badge holder or if you wear a daffodil lanyard. On sight of your blue badge or daffodil lanyard, you can enter with one accompanying carer without having to queue. At other times, please ask our greeter at the entrance about providing a place to wait whilst your carer queues.
I have a faulty product am I able to return it?
If there is a queue to enter the store and you only want to return an unwanted or faulty item to the garden centre, and do not wish to shop with us, please approach a member of our team at the entrance. They will be able to take you to the Customer Service desk where on of the team will handle your exchange or refund. On completion, you’ll exit the centre. If you do want to shop with us after returning an item, please join the queue if there is one.
Will I still be able to claim my Evergreens(Over 60s) Discount on Wednesdays?
We will still be honouring discount for Evergreens
Are you still offering carry to car?
Unfortunately, we are not able to offer this service until further notice. If you do have any specific needs, we will do our best to help if it is possible.
I have booked to come for Afternoon Tea, what do I do?
If you have booked to come for Afternoon Tea, you will already have received a phone call from a member of our team to explain the options. We do appreciate that this is disappointing but know that you will respect this important decision. If you have a voucher you were intending to use and that is due to expire, this will be extended. Please see below for details.
I have a voucher for Afternoon Tea that is due to expire, but I’m unable to use it now that your restaurant is closed. What do I do?
Any voucher will be extended for the same time period that was remaining on the voucher as at 05.11.20. This extension will be implemented once we re-open. For example, if you have 6 weeks remaining as at 5 November 2020 (when the national lockdown came into effect), then you will still have 6 weeks remaining from the date we can re-open.
I have a free play voucher for Grass Hoppers, what do I do?
If you have a Grass Hoppers’ free play voucher, it will be extended for the same time period that was remaining on the voucher as at 05.11.20 (when the national lockdown came into effect), once Grass Hoppers reopens.
Can I dine with you or making a booking for afternoon tea?
In line with Government guidance, both The Restaurant and The Mezzanine will be closed during the lockdown period. In addition, we will not take bookings for Afternoon Tea in The Restaurant until we reopen.
Are the concessions within Tong Garden Centre open?
All of our retail partners are now open